University of Leiden-Campus The Hague and the Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies are pleased to announce that a launch conference for the Post-Conflict Justice and 'Local Ownership' project will take place on 5-6 May 2011. Panels will address the following topics:
- Conceptualizing 'Local' Justice at the International Criminal Court
- Political Implications of ICC Interventions
- Social Implications of International Criminal Justice
- Civil Society Roundtable
- Influence and Implementation of the Rome Statute
- Complementarity in Critical Perspective
- Keynote remarks by Ruti Teitel, Ernst C. Steifel Professor of Law at New York Law School
- Closing roundtable (moderated by Pierre Hazan)
A draft agenda and additional information may be accessed here.
The conference is free and open to all. To register, e-mail your name, professional affiliation, and contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate whether you will be attending the first or second day of the conference, or both. Registration must be received no later than Friday 29 April. Because there is no registration fee, the organizers will not be able to provide lunch for conference attendees.